The WJHS PTO wishes all incoming students and their families a delightful summer break! Check back here in early August for a detailed “back-to-school” checklist and information.
In the meantime, please note these key dates in your calendar:
- Monday, August 15 – District 39 to begin emailing class lists and schedules
- Tuesday, August 16 (week of) – WJHS Families invited to join PTO and gain access to AtoZ School Directory. *Please see below for more information.
- Wednesday, August 17 – 7:00-8:30pm – New Family Night (new to D39) (Cafeteria)
- Friday, August 19 – 10:00-11:30am – PTO Welcome Back Coffee (Cafeteria) and 7th Grade Orientation
- Wednesday, August 24 – 1st day of school! (early dismissal at 10:55am)
- Tuesday, September 6 – 7th Grade Curriculum Night (refer to future email from Principal for evening start times)
- Thursday, September 8 – 9:15am – PTO General Board meeting
- Friday, September 9 – Picture Day
- Thursday, September 13 – 8th Grade Curriculum Night (refer to future email from Principal for evening start times)
*Note – You will receive an email from the PTO Directory Chair inviting WJHS families to join the PTO and donate to iGNITE school-wide enrichment program. You will receive prompt access to online AtoZ School Directory, (you must verify your info via this email on a desktop computer, not a smart phone)
Wondering about ……
Interested in potentially being a room parent at WJHS next year? Please sign up and we will let you know as soon as the final sign up is ready, once class lists have been released. Thank you!
Do you have a student who will be in 8th Grade next year? If so, please see a letter from Mr Korinek below, with information regarding an organized trip to Washington in the Fall of 2016.
The WJHS and the WJHS PTO are not connected to this trip. A group of interested teachers, including Mr. Korinek, organize and chaperone this trip, in conjunction with World Strides. It is offered to students who will be 8th Graders at WJHS this coming fall. See below for further details.
All D39 school PTA/PTOs have agreed to use the IGNITE brand name for their fundraising campaigns that support enrichment programs. For WJHS, IGNITE replaces “Kids R Key”. Donations made to WJHS IGNITE will be used solely for WJHS Programs. We encourage you to donate to IGNITE at each of your student(s) schools.