**Parents – any registration glitches have now been fixed and you should be able to register your child with no problem. Thank you for your patience.”
Social Dance is a professionally taught traditional dance instruction class. Students will learn dance etiquette, traditional types of dance (Fox Trot, Waltz, Cha Cha, etc.) and social graces that accompany instructional dance.
The class is open to all 7th grade students who would like to learn about traditional dances. This is not a dance party with a DJ. WJHS staff will be in attendance to ensure that all students follow the code of conduct as listed in the WJHS handbook.
Please have a discussion with your child if this type of class and environment is something they would like to participate in along with their 7th grade peers in a safe and positive environment.
- The class is offered on Tuesdays, from January 15th 2019 through February 12th 2019 (parent night). All classes will take place in the WJHS gym
- Class time: 7:00 – 8:15pm
- Cost: $70 (financial assistance is available)
- We are unable to pro-rate the student fee. No refunds will be given after classes have begun.
- Deadline for enrollment is December 21st, 2018.
The dress code for the class includes dresses, pant suits, dress pants, collared button down shirts and dress shoes. Shoes should be comfortable.
We also need several volunteers each night. Volunteer now.