See below for an important checklist of items to complete during the first few days of the new school year. A downloadable copy is also available at the end of this article.
Wilmette Junior High to do:
- Purchase School Supplies – if you did not pre-order a school kit in the spring, consult the supply list at the WJHS PTO website before yo19shop. We will deliver pre-purchased school kits to homerooms by the first day of school. Can’t recall if you ordered a kit? Go to http://www.edukitinc.com and enter your email address in Find Your Order.
- The WJHS Picture Day is September 20th. Keep an eye out for more information coming from the school soon.
- Complete Diploma Form (8th Grade Only) found on the WJHS website.
- Buy Gym Uniform. Uniforms may be purchased online through https://wilmette.revtrak.net/ or at the Back to School Coffee on August 23rd from 10-12:15 ($20 check or cash)
- Submit Sports Physical prior to participation on school sports teams. Find the form and learn more about WJHS athletics and tryout dates on the website.
- WJHS is combining it’s after-school programming with Highcrest for the 2019-2020 school year (what was previously called the Wolf Den is now De’Nest). This drop-in program is available for all students, and will take place daily in the Learning Commons (LC). The daily fee for this program is $4. You can register at https://wilmette.revtrak.net/RW-After-School-Program/#/list.
WJHS PTO to do:
The AtoZ is your go to for many of your PTO needs. Look for an email from email@example.com and follow the prompts. From AtoZ you can:
- Join the PTO and Gain Access to AtoZ WJHS Directory. When you purchase a PTO membership for $35, you receive access to the directory app, online directory and class lists. Simply follow the instructions in the email you will receive towards the end of August. The only way to join is online through AtoZ. You may also purchase a paper directory for an additional $5 if you choose.
- Contribute to the IGNITE Fund. Rather than hosting a fundraising benefit, the PTO relies on each family contributing $85 per student to IGNITE. Through IGNITE, the PTO provides programs to students to enhance their academic, social and emotional learning. Contribute with one easy click when you receive your AtoZ email and join the PTO. Donors receive a complimentary WJHS car magnet to show their school pride!
- Donate to the Teacher Gift. Rather than having room parents trying to collect checks during the holiday season and at the end of the year, all donations to teacher gifts are now made online through A-Z.
- Purchase a Yearbook. Just click on the link to purchase your yearbook and cross it off your to do list early this year. WJHS Yearbook Orders – 2019-2020. The WJHS School Code is 8211.
- Sign up for Cafeteria Duty to see your child in the first few days of school -we now only have cafeteria volunteers on Monday and Thursday, and shifts are only 90 minutes! Sign up here.
- Volunteer in the Outdoor Classroom. Get more information on the WJHS PTO website and enjoy some relaxing time outside.
- Show your school pride! Spirit wear will be available for purchase at PTO coffee. Cash, check or credit card accepted.
PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS to do:
- D39 Educational Foundation Donation -The District 39 Educational Foundation (a 501c(3) non-profit organization), raises funds for projects that expand, enrich, and complement educational opportunities for the students, staff and community in District 39. Learn more at their website.
You should receive an email from WJHS by August 20th with your child’s placement. If you have not, please contact the office.
For a downloadable version of this checklist, click here.