IGNITE funds a vast array of enrichment programs over the course of the year.
1.) Enhance curriculum-based learning
- 8th grade students traveled to the Illinois Holocaust Museum
- German students visited the Christkindlmarkt at Daley Plaza
- Spanish students visited the Dia de los Muertos exhibit at the Mexican Museum of Fine Arts in Pilsen. They also explored the Pilsen neighborhood, tasted traditional foods and practiced their language skills
- 8th grade trip to Erikson Woods in the Skokie Lagoons to learn about water testing, invasive species and removal efforts from ecologists at the Backyard Nature Center
- 7th and 8th grade students received professional dance instruction from teachers at the Gus Giordano School of Dance. (teacher fees/bussing)
2.) Build skills that drive characteristics of successful learners (e.g. perseverance, flexible thinking, creativity, problem solving, and a lifelong enthusiasm for learning.)
- Passion/perseverance programming on Early Release Day
3.) Increase social and emotional awareness.
- Anti-bullying programming on Early Release Day
We look forward to funding many more enriching experiences for our students this school year!!
Donate to IGNITE through the AtoZ app.